Saturday 17 March 2012

Rimmel Lasting Finish Nail Polish (198 Azure)

Last weekend was so lovely and sunny that I decided to paint my nails a suitably bright colour. I randomly reached in the drawer and pulled out this little beauty. I bought the little 8ml bottle from Boots a few months ago but decided that day was a good time to give it a try.


After 1 day


The colour is gorgeous, though I must say my camera phone isn't doing the shade much justice! I was a bit put off it first because I thought it wouldn't suit my dark skin tone, but I can imagine this colour flattering people of all skin tones! The Rimmel website describes the range as:
"Hardwearing, chip resistant, long lasting colours for a great colour finish. Choose Lasting Finish nail polish for the latest, up to date shades. Great funky pack! Super Value! Great impact!"
So I applied two coats to get an opaque coverage but to be honest in the bright light of the sun it looked like I should have gone for three, which was a bit disappointing. I did use a top and base coat (Nails Inc Kensington Caviar Duo), but I didn't initially intend to review it! Old habits die hard I guess!


After 3 days

Given that I used a base and top coat, I'm a little disappointed by the wear. As you can see from the last photo, after six days there is a very noticeable chip on my index finger. This would've been sooner and greater if it wasn't for the top coat I used. Having said that it's only £2.99 for 8ml (£3.74 per 10ml) so I think I'll be able to live with it!

After 6 days
[This is not a paid review. I purchased this product with my own money. All views expressed here are my own]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...